Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Yolanda Opines On Beyonce's Saturday Night Takeover and Safe Haven



So much entertainment news to write about, so little time. Let' s start with the Saturday night takeover of Beyonce Knowles on OWN and HBO. I wasn't all that impressed with the Oprah interview, and the documentary that followed started off slow. My interest peaked once the talk turned to Bey's marriage, miscarriage, and the birth of Blue Ivy. I have always been a fan of strong women of color who know how to take care of business while successfully navigating their careers and relationships, and Bey proved that she is a champion in this respect. She may not be the most charismatic interview, but B is definitely a power player in business and her work ethic is off the chain!

The movie Safe Haven came out on Valentine's Day, and it was just as good as the book it's based on. Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough were very charismatic together and after the supremely disappointing The Lucky One I was happy to see a Nicholas Sparks adaptation with two leads that worked well together.

I know I am a few days late with my opinions but life sometimes gets in the way. What were your opinions of the Beyonce interview and doc, and if you have seen Safe Haven,  do you agree it was a good movie? Sound off below!

No comments:

Post a Comment