Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013





The Academy Awards are over and even though I missed about an hour of the show due to my weekly appointment with my friends in Zombieland a.k.a. The Walking Dead, I watched enough to know that:

  1. Ben Affleck has come a long way from Gigli and Jersey Girl 
  2. Jennifer Lawrence has unseated Emma Stone as the young actress to watch right now; 
  3. Adele continues to be amazing
  4. Lincoln's loss of steam awards wise undoubtably helped Argo and Life of Pi a lot!
  5. Christoph Waltz and Quentin Tarentino together = Oscar Gold


I have not seen Life of Pi, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Amour, or Zero Dark Thirty but plan to. I did see Django, Silver Linings, and Lincoln a.k.a. Celluloid Ambien and was not surprised Daniel Day Lewis won but was hoping for an upset in that category or in the category of Best Supporting Actress which went to Anne Hathaway. Upsets make these shows more interesting don't you think? Sound off below on your thoughts on the Oscars. Do you think the right people won? If not, who should have?

No comments:

Post a Comment