Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Kelly Rowland: Here I Am Is No Fluke






Kelly Rowland has been in Beyonce's shadow so long that I never thought she'd get from out of it. It seems as though my fellow member of the "Hershey's Kiss Club" has finally come into her own and it took sexing up her image and a huge hit with Motivation to prove she is not just the former group mate and  BFF of the hottest female star in the world.

The hype behind Kelly's CD was fueled even more by her performance on the BET Awards, (which I missed) and the remixes of the song featuring hot male acts R Kelly, Busta Rhymes, Fabulous and Trey Songz,  to name a few got tails wagging and piqued my curiosity. Could this newly sexualized Kelly Rowland minus Matthew Knowles as her manager finally become the star we all knew she could be? Well so far as I sit here listening to her CD (which has hit number 1 on the Billboard charts), I am very impressed so far. 

Here I Am is appropriately titled because Kelly is finally in the spotlight where she belongs and it seems to fit her well. The CD is a fun record and the success of it is just the tip of the iceberg for Miss Kelly who is set to tour with Chris Brown and has landed the coveted role of spokeswoman for Diddy's new fragrance Empress. Not bad for someone who had been written off as another casualty of the Knowles' quest for world domination ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment